Re: JLDAP: No results on multiple synchronous searches

Brandon Hume - OpenLDAP list wrote:
I've got something of an odd problem here.  If I run the following Java:
<snip />
I get the following:

First search: 1 results found.
Second search: 0 results found.

... which is not what I expect.  However, if I insert something as simple
as a Thread.sleep (100) before the println, I get the expected '1'.

Check the javadocs:

http://developer.novell.com/documentation/jldap/jldapenu/api/com/novell/ldap/LDAPSearchResults.html#getCount()

and note that the getCount method "reports the number of results received so far". It's a synchronouos search, so you have access to the first results before the last ones are in.

What am I doing wrong?

Expecting the software to behave how it does not.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com