Re: ppolicy asking for password change

Sandeep-

I had a similar problem when I first enabled password policy and I traced
it down to the fact that existing accounts did not have one of the
operational attributes and so openldap considered the account's password
to be expired.  I can try to figure out which attribute it was if you
would like.

My workaround was to create a password policy which had no password aging
and to set all accounts to use that policy.

Hope that helps a bit,
roy

"Sandeep A.S" <sandeep@netcontinuum.com>
Sent by: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
06/27/2006 06:34 AM
Please respond to
sandeep@netcontinuum.com

sandeep@netcontinuum.com
cc
openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject
Re: ppolicy  asking for  password change

I am able to rectify this issue by creating the accout again.
This problem happens only to the accouts which exists before adding the
ppolicy directive.
 And it is not happening to  the account  which I created later.
 As a workaroud I deleted all the accounts and created it again.
I got this point after searching the archives.
  Thanks  a lot
  Sandeep