Re: ppolicy asking for password change

I am able to rectify this issue by creating the accout again.
This problem happens only to the accouts which exists before adding the ppolicy directive.
And it is not happening to the account which I created later.
As a workaroud I deleted all the accounts and created it again.
I got this point after searching the archives.
Thanks a lot
Sandeep

Sandeep A.S wrote:

Hi

I am using openldap version 2-3-24.
I made the ppolicy overlay enabled

Whenever user logs in it ask to change the password .

After changing the password aslo next time login ,it aks to change the password
with the error password aged.
The following is my standerd policy:
dn: cn=Standard Policy,ou=Policies,dc=nc,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: device
objectClass: pwdPolicy
cn: Standard Policy
pwdAttribute: userPassword
pwdMaxFailure: 3
pwdInHistory: 3
pwdMinLength: 6
pwdExpireWarning: 259200
pwdAllowUserChange: TRUE
pwdFailureCountInterval: 300
pwdGraceAuthNLimit: 1
pwdLockoutDuration: 300
pwdMustChange: FALSE
pwdCheckQuality: 1
pwdMaxAge: 10368000

my  slapd.conf  is below:

<sniped>
database  bdb
overlay         ppolicy
ppolicy_default "cn=Standard Policy,ou=Policies,dc=nc,dc=com"
ppolicy_use_lockout

Any pointer to troubleshoot this issue ?
-Thanks
Sandeep