Re: Problem with file descriptors limit

HI Guilherme,

It's a limit that could be changed using the ulimit command.
ulimit -a show all the default settings. Increase the open files
number using -n.

On 6/21/06, Guilherme Mundim Torres <gtorres@icmc.usp.br> wrote:
Hello,

I have a SuSE 9.3 server with openldap2-2.2.23-6 and I'm getting errors like:

slapd[21431]: warning: cannot open /etc/hosts.deny:
Too many open files

When it happens, the server crashes.

The hardware is powerfull, a Dual Xeon With 5 GB RAM and SCSI hd's.

I tryed to recompile the openldap. I downloaded the
openldap2-2.2.23-6.src.rpm from suse and modified the SPEC file includind
this line:

env CPPFLAGS="-DOPENLDAP_FD_SETSIZE=8192" ./configure

So, I rebuild de package, uninstalled the old and reinstalled the new rpm,
but the problem still remains.

What can I do to solve this problem?

Best Regards

--