Re : Chaining or Referral

Eudes,
        You're farther than I am on this if you can get chaining working.
I'm still trying to get it working. BTW, what is sldap.conf? I only work
with slapd.conf and ldap.conf is it a typo? Did you mean slapd.conf? I
found out that how you define the BASE directive in ldap.conf will affect
what your client will be able to see.

PS: If you give me a few pointers to get chaining working then we can work
together to solve the problem of not being able to see the entire
subtree(s).

Regards,
David Damon
Senior Systems Integration Analyst
Office: (714) 442-7562
FAX:    (714) 442-2845

Eudes Leducq <eleducq@yahoo.fr>

06/15/2006 11:20 PM
Please respond to
Eudes Leducq <eleducq@yahoo.fr>

David Damon <ddamon@Baxglobal.com>, openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
cc
"Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org>
Subject
Re : Chaining or Referral

Hi,

I have tested chain overlay, I have theses lines on my sldap.conf

overlay         chain
chain-uri       serverIP
chain-idassert-bind     bindmethod="simple"
                        binddn="myUser"
                        credentials="myPwd"
                        mode="self"

then I have created an referal object on my directory like :

dn:o=myOrg,dc=myCompagny,dc=fr
objectClass:referral
objectClass:extensibleObject
o:myOrg
ref:ldap://ipServer/o=myOrg

then when I'm on ldapBrowser I can just see the first level of the referal
directory, is it possible to see all the subtrees of the directory ? or
explore the referal directory with ldapBrowser ?

thx