Major revision changes

Hello List,

I am dealing with a 3rd party vendor that requests that we install openldap 2.0.27 rather than a newer version (eg 2.3.19 with
RHFC5) in order to integrate with an AS400 application.

Is there really such a difference between schema between these versions that running on a newer version of software will break any
sort of configuration issues.  I am not at all familiar with openldap or LDAP for that matter, but it strikes me as odd that there
could be such a difference between two versions of a standardized protocol.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Aaron