Re: Database Replication - stumped

--On Monday, May 22, 2006 4:59 PM -0400 Rob Hall <rob@desynched.net> wrote:

I have that ACL on both master and slave - I want the slave to be able to
send changes back to the master.
I'm running openldap-2.3.20.
Can you expand further on syncrepl?

Slaves don't take changes, that is why they are slaves. You can use "back-chain" to have a slave send a modification request to the master, but it is still going to use the credentials of what is trying to make the change. Whatever you allow to make changes to the master should probably be different than your replication dn.

syncrepl is an alternative replication method that is replacing slurpd. You can read all about it at the admin guide.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer