Re: radius backend

> On 5/11/06, Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

>> > Check out:
>> > http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/1299.html
>>
>> I've slightly reworked that answer, documenting two more options.  One
>> of
>> them works since OpenLDAP 2.2, the other also requires at least OpenLDAP
>> 2.3.  They both imply writing an overlay (in C).
>>
>> p.
>>

> I guess it isn't terribly clear on how that's relevant.  Here's the
> link to the original thread:
> http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200512/msg00266.html

It might be unclear; it's looks unrelated to that thread; but using
back-shell with DN rewriting and a script running the tool pointed to in
that thread isn't surely a production-ready solution.  __THE__ solution
(IMHO) would be to integrate that tool in an overlay as suggested in my
additions to the cache, since what it basically performs is call a couple
of radius-related API functions.  If anybody is interested in having an
"official" (actually, contrib-ware) integration between OpenLDAP and
radius, just holler.  I'll be happy of putting it together, if anybody
volunteers in testing and debugging it.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution