Re: question about password policy

--On Saturday, May 06, 2006 10:11 AM -0500 Israel Garcia <igalvarez@gmail.com> wrote:

well, I'm working with Buchan openldap rpm's for RHEL4, and everything
is fine, BUT, when I uncoment any of this entries of
/etc/openldap2.3/slapd.conf:

# overlay modules available:
# moduleload     accesslog.la
# moduleload     denyop.la
# moduleload     dyngroup.la
# moduleload     dynlist.la
# moduleload     glue.la
# moduleload     lastmod.la
# moduleload     pcache.la
# moduleload     ppolicy.la
# moduleload     refint.la
# moduleload     retcode.la
# moduleload     rwm.la
# moduleload     syncprov.la
# moduleload     translucent.la
# moduleload     unique.la

I get this error:

[root@ldap openldap2.3]# /etc/init.d/ldap2.3 restart
Checking config file /etc/openldap2.3/slapd.conf:          [FAILED]
lt_dlopenext failed: (ppolicy.la) file not found
slaptest2.3: bad configuration file!

If I want to use ppolicy feature I have to install another package?
How can I implement this feature (slapo-ppolicy) in openldap2.3?

Looks to me like you are missing the modulepath line in your slapd.conf file. That tells slapd where to find the *.la files for loading.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer