Re: Logging to LDAP directory

--On Tuesday, May 02, 2006 6:47 PM +0400 Dmitriy Kirhlarov <dkirhlarov@oilspace.com> wrote:

Hi, list.

I need to log some of LDAP operations (add, modify, delete) for some
records in our directory, i.e. I want some kind of change log.

I have found that RFC draft [1]. I'm not sure that's exactly what I
need because I want just some parts of the schema. I would like to
know if anybody uses it and how.

Looks like it's not yet possible to make slapd using this schema for
storing logs in it's database. Is there any log (audit?) backend for
this purpose planned? I'm running openldap 2.3.20.

I assume you mean the auditlog backend, that is shipped with OpenLDAP 2.3 already. There was a bug that was preventing it from being built in 2.3.20, but that was fixed in 2.3.21.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer