Re: (?=undefined)

> On Wed, 2006-04-05 at 13:33 -0700, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:
>
>> My best guess is that you have not loaded the schema into your ldap server
>> defining the attributes that are coming back as undefined (and hence, they
>> are undefined).
>
> Another possibility is that the values provided for those attributes do
not comply with their syntax.  Since it appears that using a wildcard
("*") makes it work, I believe this is the case.  Unless you can inspect
the client, I suggest you run slapd with -d 2 and inspect the ber dump
to see what values are actually sent by the client.
> snoop'ing/tcpdump'ing the connection and inspecting it with ethereal may
be a more friendly option.

It turned out that the application had a bug. If no substring was given by
the user the application preset the filter with "*", but further down in
the used libraries there was another "*" added.

2.1.4 has tolerated the resulting filter string somehow, but 2.3.19 (and
just checked 2.2.27 too) do not. The app has been adjusted, everything
works fine now. Thanks.

Uwe