How to increase max simultaneous connections supported by OpenLDAP

Hi,

I have looked online regarding increasing the maximum number of
simultaneous connections/sessions that OpenLDAP supports, and only
found this posting:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200005/msg00106.html

According to this posting, we need to recompile the OpenLDAP server
for this change. I couldn't find any slapd.conf setting for this
either.

Does anyone know any way of increasing (without having to recompile
the code) the maximum number of simultaneous connections that OpenLDAP
will support?

Thanks in advance,
Safdar