Re: dynamic update permssion

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006, Eudes Leducq wrote:

>   Is it possible to do this with openLdap 2.3.18 ? without using
> "cn=config" ? because I'm using overlay that are not supported by
> "cn=config".

Well, you could also investigate in-directory access rules using ACIs. See
http://www.openldap.org/faq/data/cache/634.html. I make no claims as to
the suitability of this feature for any particular use; as always, read
discussion on the list archives for some very important notes.

Personally, I think time would be better spent fixing up the overlay in
question with back-config support. But that's a decision for you to make
for your application.