slapcat old and new + schema conflicts

I am attempting to use slapcat to create an ldif of my 2.1 database.
When I use the modern (2.3.21) slapcat on my 2.1 database, it
complains about schema conflicts.  The 2.1 version, however, does not
complain.  (This is also true of slapd, which is a little more
expected)

Should I work on resolving these scehma conflicts and use the 2.3
slapcat, or will the 2.1 slapcat-generated-ldif be fine for the 2.3
slapadd if I resolve the conflicts with the config file/directory I'm
using for 2.3. (assuming I delete the entryCSN's)

slapcat(2.1) -f 2.1.config.conf -l output.ldif
slapadd(2.3) -f 2.3.config.conf