Re: alock + ldbm in 2.3.21

> > Apr 11 15:21:22 labogldir02 slapd[16232]: [ID 658149 local6.debug]
> > ldbm_back_db_open: alock package is unstable; database may be
> > inconsistent!
> > Apr 11 15:21:22 labogldir02 slapd[16232]: [ID 100111 local6.debug]
> > slapd starting
> >

> > Can I get a status on alock for LDBM?
> >
> > According to:
> > http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/servers/slapd/alock.c?hideattic=1&sortbydate=0
> >
> > it looks like ldbm is having some alock rethinks.  Should I wait for
> > ldbm to be re-stabilized in 2.3.x?
> >
> alock works perfectly well with ldbm in 2.3. If you're getting that
> message then you had an unclean shutdown. There's no rethinking of alock
> going on, ldbm has been removed from 2.4.

Sorry, could you explain this a little more?

I wasn't aware that LDBM was susceptible to the same inconsistencies
as BDB.  I thought the lack of transactions/checkpointing prevented
this.  And if this situation did occur, I thought 2.3 was smart enough
to try fixing itself.

I did see some evidence of corruption, but I thought it was due to a
problem with db_upgrade, or a misconfiguration.  Nevertheless, I will
try a db_recover.
(dn2entry_r: no entry for valid id (5) dn...)