Re: OpenLDAP: Object class modification

At 07:45 AM 4/12/2006, Michael Ströder wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>> I note that, in 2.4, we hope to introduce a control which will allow
>> administrators (and other authorized users) to request this (and
>> other) restrictions be temporarily relaxed.
>
>We have to wait for 2.4 to see support for the ManageDIT control?
>I hoped to have it sooner in 2.3.x...

Given that the specification and implementation of this feature
are very much works in progress and 2.3 is basically
feature frozen (especially in regards to features such as this),
introduction of this feature is currently targeted for 2.4.

I encourage those interested in this feature to contribute
to its completion by:
 - reading the specification (draft-zeilenga-ldap-managedit)
 and commenting in the appropriate forum (ldapext@ietf.org),
 - experiment with the code in HEAD (or OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_4)
 and provide feedback through the usual channels, and/or
 - contribute code or documentation changes.

Kurt