Re: speed of storing in openldap

--On Friday, March 31, 2006 4:34 PM -0500 "Douglas B. Jones" <douglas@gpc.edu> wrote:

Systems: Tru64 Alpha ES40 844 mhz w/16gig mem openldap 2.2.20 bdb 4.3.27 RHEL4 dual zeon 2.4 pent w/2gig mem openldap 2.2.13 bdb 4.2.52 BDB backend in both cases

The alpha builds the db in about 25 mins adding about 30
entries a second where as the linux box takes many hours
at about 1+ entries a second. This according to the syslog
file. I see no diffs. in the openldap config file. I am
sort of stuck using what comes with rhel4 right now (I know,
it is older version). Any ideas how I can speed up the linux
version? Should I be using bdb DB_CONFIG options and/or openldap
options. If so, what should I use? Thanks in advance!

Yes, DB_CONFIG is *required*

You also should not be using BDB 4.3, that's a known problem release.

You desperately need to upgrade your OpenLDAP versions (2.3.20 or higher).

BTW, OpenLDAP 2.3 supports threaded slapadd, and a quick option in addition to that.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html