Files dn2id.bdb and id2entry.bdb disappear????

Hi,

#Software Specifications
 - OpenLDAP v2.3.20
 - SleepyCat   v4.4

ERROR: In my /usr/local/var/openldap-data the 2 files ( dn2id.bdb and
id2entry.bdb ) disappeared????
The strange thing is that my openLdap works like a charm.

This is what I've done after notice that:
1 - I stop the openldap service
2 - Start the openldap service
3 - Go to /usr/local/var/openldap-data directory and the 2 files were
created but with a smaller size than the original ones?

Questions:
( A ) What are these files?
( B ) Why my openldap works just fine without them?
( C ) Can I make a slapcat following by a slapadd without any problem when I
remove accidently the 2 files *.bdb?
( D ) Can I make a slapcat following by a slapadd with these 2 files that
are smaller than the original ones?

Please give me a hand here.
Thks in advance
Ricardo Ferreira