Re: connection timeout

--On Sunday, March 26, 2006 9:06 PM -0500 Brandon McCombs <bmccombs@ma.rr.com> wrote:

It sounds to me like your application is broken.  A well written LDAP
application will notice that its connection has been closed, and rebind.

My application *does* notice when working with other directories and prompts me to reconnect and when I click yes it works fine. I don't get that prompt right now with openldap because nothing is being returned from openldap to generate an exception. Maybe I am detecting the closed connection incorrectly (relying on a java exception) but it works fine with Sun and Active Directory because an exception is generated when working with them.

Our various java applications, and numerous vendor and opensource applications, have no issues with OpenLDAP and its idletimeout closing connections, so I'm guessing it is something specific to what you are doing.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer