Re: modify/add: <ATTRIBUTE>: merge error

--On Wednesday, March 22, 2006 1:16 PM -0800 Charles Stephens <cfs@cowlabs.com> wrote:

We are running on RH9+mods Linux 2.4.20 using OpenLDAP 2.3.11.  Very
recently, I've been gettings merge errors in our reject files when a  new
member is added to a posixGroup object with lots of members  (10,000+).
Here are excerpts from the reject file (some data has  been scrubbed):

I would advise updating to the latest 2.3 stable release (2.3.20) and seeing if the issue still occurs. There have been many, many fixes since 2.3.11 was released (one of which addresses a DOS attack vulnerability), and it may be the issue you are seeing has already been resolved. Certainly, the developers won't be wanting to pursue whether or not this is an issue unless you can verify it still exists in the current stable release.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITS/Shared Application Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html