Re: easiest way to delete DC objects in my ldap tree

It sounds like you don't have some basic things set up. You need your
slapd configured suffix and the entries you add (using ldapadd) to match.
So if your slapd is configured with suffix dc=mydomain,dc=com you can't
add dc=com. And you have to add things in order; you can't add
uid=richton,ou=People,dc=example,dc=com before adding
ou=People,dc=example,dc=com. This is a bit basic to be digging into tests
for full examples, but for reference, follow test002 (the LDIF that it
uses in particular) for an example of an ordered ldapadd and test004 for
some deletes.

However, without details, we're just guessing. Make sure to give the list
your slapd.conf, the command you're running, the output you observe, and
the output/effects you expected if you're still having issues with this.
Finally, until you're sure that you've got good LDIFs to work from, stay
away from commands such as slapadd(8) that don't offer the same level of
integrity checks as ldapadd(1).