Re: OpenLDAP performance vs. PostgreSQL

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 10:17, Howard Chu wrote:
> Also, assuming that you rule out the overhead of script
> interpretation/execution, you haven't said anything about whether you
> bothered to configure back-bdb with appropriate cache settings etc.

FWIW, I suspect this is his issue.  I use both DBD::Pg and Net::LDAP
extensively and I have very good metrics from both of them.  But in a tree of
20,000 objects, he should easily be able to pull 15k queries/sec on decent
hardware out of OpenLDAP and I suspect PostgreSQL (or any other RDBMS)
couldn't come close.

John

--
John Madden