Re: Synchronization to distant locations over high-latency/low-bandwidth

On Tue Mar 14 2006 at 19:13:35 CET, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> delta-syncrepl would probably be your best bet.  Normal syncrepl has much
> larger bandwidth requirements than slurpd or delta-syncrepl.

That seems to work very nicely (at least with one consumer). I'm unsure
as to the necessity of syncprov-sessionlog parameter on the provider. Is
it still required when using delta-syncrepl?

I'm thinking of deploying the exact same configuration to all consumer
slapds. May the replica-id (rid=) in the syncrepl stanza be the same for
all consumers or must it be unique accross all consumers?

Thanks,
	-JP