Re: strange error when I do a slapcat

Craig White wrote:
When I slapcat -l /tmp/test.ldif, I get an error reported on screen

# no data for entry id=00000080

I've gotten this same error with OpenLDAP 2.2.23; the slapcat output stops at a point (# no data for entry id=00001446) leaving out well over a hundred thousand entries. The last successfully expressed entry is duplicated (two LDIF entries with the same dn), but that same entry and all others work fine in slapd operations.

Meanwhile, with basically the same database and OpenLDAP 2.3.19 I get accurate, error-free dumps from slapcat. You didn't mention a version, so if upgrading is possible that might be the first thing to try.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com