SHA and PERL

I am running qmail with ldap backend. I have an
application (Platypus) which can connect to ldap and
make user accounts. It forward plain text password
from my database (MS SQL) to ldap hence userPassword
fieled remain clear text but base_64 encoded. My old
ldap (netscape DS) can automaticay crypt the
userPassword attribute value with {SHA} but openldap
dont. Can I make it possible openldap automaticaly
crypt the userPassword attribue value with {SHA}.

OR any one guide me how to make a perl script which
read userPassword value from a file and then convert
it into {SHA} and then take is as a variable.