problems configuring sync replication

Hi LDAPers,

I'm trying to configure two ldaps (2.3.11)  to work as syncrepl provider and
consumer, and I'm running into some issues.

1)       Since I configured the provider yesterday, it managed to crash at
least twice. Before that it was up for few month. Can it be because I have a
provider configured but the consumer is not running yet? I've looked into
the documentation, and the way I understand it, the provider shouldn't
really be doing anything unless polled.

2)       The consumer stops syncing after a while, says "bdb_modify:
dn2entry failed (-30989)" and exits.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Here's what I added to the provider slapd.conf:

overlay  syncprov

syncprov-checkpoint 100 10

syncprov-sessionlog 500

And in the consumer slapd.conf:

syncrepl rid=108

            provider=ldap://tmsldap-8f01:9389

            type=refreshOnly

            interval=00:00:10:00

            searchbase="e=SSEnterprise"

            filter="(objectClass=*)"

            scope=sub

            attrs="*"

            schemachecking=off

            bindmethod=simple

            binddn="e=SSEnterprise"

            credentials=secret

And here is what the consumer says just before exiting (using -d 257):

ldap_result ld 012DBDD0 msgid -1

ldap_chkResponseList ld 012DBDD0 msgid -1 all 0

ldap_chkResponseList returns ld 012DBDD0 NULL

wait4msg ld 012DBDD0 msgid -1 (infinite timeout)

wait4msg continue ld 012DBDD0 msgid -1 all 0

** ld 012DBDD0 Connections:

* host: tmsldap-8f01  port: 9389  (default)

  refcnt: 2  status: Connected

  last used: Thu Mar 09 04:40:16 2006

** ld 012DBDD0 Outstanding Requests:

 * msgid 2,  origid 2, status InProgress

   outstanding referrals 0, parent count 0

** ld 012DBDD0 Response Queue:

   Empty

ldap_chkResponseList ld 012DBDD0 msgid -1 all 0

ldap_chkResponseList returns ld 012DBDD0 NULL

ldap_int_select

read1msg: ld 012DBDD0 msgid -1 all 0

ber_get_next

ber_get_next: tag 0x30 len 92 contents:

read1msg: ld 012DBDD0 msgid 2 message type search-result

ber_scanf fmt ({eaa) ber:

ber_scanf fmt ({eaa}) ber:

new result:  res_errno: 0, res_error: <>, res_matched: <>

read1msg: ld 012DBDD0 0 new referrals

read1msg:  mark request completed, ld 012DBDD0 msgid 2

request done: ld 012DBDD0 msgid 2

res_errno: 0, res_error: <>, res_matched: <>

ldap_free_request (origid 2, msgid 2)

ldap_free_connection 0 1

ldap_free_connection: refcnt 1

ldap_parse_result