compile error

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile OpenLDAP 2.3.20 on IRIX 6.5. 'configure' ( with --enable-crypt ) and 'make depend' work fine, but as make tries to compile passwd.c in libraries/liblutil I get:

cc-1079 cc: ERROR File = /usr/include/crypt.h, Line = 37
  A type specifier is expected.

extern char *des_crypt(const char *, const char *);
^
I did some searching in the archives and I found some posts mentioning conflicting versions of openssl and system crypt(), but they were rather old, and I'm not sure if this is the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Best Regards,

Gerard Ranke