RE: Database cannot be opened

On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Anagnost, Ted wrote:

> Ok, did a make clean;make depend;make;make test and got this:
[...]
> bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): Berkeley DB library configured to
> support only DB_PRIVATE environments
> bdb_db_open: Database cannot be opened, err 22. Restore from backup!
> ====> bdb_cache_release_all
> bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): DB_ENV->lock_id_free interface requires
> an environment configured for the locking subsystem
> bdb(o=OpenLDAP Project,l=Internet): txn_checkpoint interface requires an
> environment configured for the transaction subsystem
> bdb_db_close: txn_checkpoint failed: Invalid argument (22)

Which brings us back to my original answer; your BDB is either
misconfigured or you're linking against the wrong one.

(And for those list members who were wondering why I was replying to what
appeared to be phantom messages, I forgot that as a new poster he was
automatically moderated and I was seeing his Cc'd messages.)

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engrng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU