Re: Authorization on UIDs without bind

At 12:34 PM 3/6/2006, Geert Jansen wrote:
>Would be happy to follow the guidelines if this patch could be
>considered for inclusion.

Any properly submitted patch will be considered for inclusion.

>Do you think this patch is a good feature for OpenLDAP to have?

Personally, I might be convinced otherwise through elaboration
of usefulness in clients that do support SASL EXTERNAL
authentication.  It seems to be that our support for SASL
EXTERNAL with ldapi:// and identity mapping covers most use
cases.   That is, I don't see the desire to provide
work-arounds for clients which purposely don't implement
standard LDAP features as a good enough reason to include
such a work-around.  I much rather see the clients be extended
to support SASL EXTERNAL (as well as other SASL mechanisms).

Kurt