Re: openldap bench / stress free tools

--On Monday, March 06, 2006 6:30 PM +0100 Jehan PROCACCIA <Jehan.Procaccia@int-evry.fr> wrote:

hello,
some users complain that my openldap server is "slow", when using outlook
clients in the address book , it apparently often happens that it times
out on openldap searchs so then it goes to the AD addressbook :-( .
Is there a free and simple tools to check the performances of my openldap
servers ?
 I use a very rudimentary bench with time and ldapsearch but is there a
better solution , avoiding cache for example ?

The problem is likely due to a lack of proper indexing. Have you looked at the search filters that outlook uses, and ensured that your system is properly indexed?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer