Referrals

Hello,

I'm a little unclear of how referrals are supposed to work. If I have a
referral for "abc.com" defined in my slapd.conf file and I do a search
for an entry that is not in my local ldap database "test.com" will it
automatically follow the referral and connect and search "abc.com" for
the entry? Or will it just give me the url for "abc.com"? I'm using the
ldapsearch command: "ldapsearch -b dc=example,dc=com uid=jimmy" and I
know that "uid=jimmy" can only be found in the ldap server with the
namespace "dc=abc,dc=com".

Thanks,
Jimmy