Re: OpenLDAP - SASL: user not found: no secret in database - solution

On Fri, 2006-02-24 at 00:34 +0100, JÃrgen Herz wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> still having the problem I wrote about a few days ago, today I read
> through chapter 23 of the admin's guide and thought mapping
> authentication identities could it be. And it really was.
>
> But it took me several hours and trying dozends of variations until it
> worked. Maybe it's my fault for not looking at man slapd.conf earlier,
> but I didn't expect that authz-regexp was named sasl-regexp before 2.3.
>
> Of course the instructions from the current guide didn't work in my
> 2.2.23 release (Debian).

In general, it is good practice (and common sense) to use the
documentation corresponding to the software release one is using.

It is not clear from your message who you're blaming for this.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team