mit-krb5 GSSAPI authentication

Hi All,

I'm having trouble with Kerberos authentication on openldap.

I'm on gentoo running openldap-2.2.28-r4, cyrus-sasl-2.1.21-r2,
mit-krb5-1.4.3 and openssl-0.9.7i.

When I run ldapsearch -H ldap://water/ -b dc=fluid I get
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
ldap_sasl_interactive_bind_s: Invalid credentials (49)
        additional info: SASL(-13): authentication failure: GSSAPI Failure:
gss_accept_sec_context

I've looked at the log and it appears that when sasl_bind is called the DN
is "".

I've removed the saslregex from my slapd.conf just to check it wasn't
replacing it with nothing.
The keytab is ldap:ldap 640 and the slapd is run as user ldap. The keytab is
listed in /etc/conf.d/slapd

Does anyone have an idea what would be causing these errors?

Thanks for any help and suggestions.

Cheers,

Alan.