Re: Accessing cn=config

On Fri, 17 Feb 2006, William wrote:

> I usually add a database in slapd.conf file :
>
> database config
> rootdn cn=config
> rootpw secret
>
> search : ldapsearch -w secret -x -D cn=config -b cn=config

Thanks - that did the trick.  It doesn't show up in GQ, but that's likely
to be a GQ problem.

Related question: as a test, I changed olcConnMaxPending in cn=config, and
although I was able to see the change, it was not stored in
slapd.d/cn=config.ldif (not even when I shut down the server).  Does
something else need to be done?

--
Dave Horsfall  DTM  VK2KFU  daveh@ci.com.au  Ph: +61 2 9552-5509 (d) -5500 (sw)
Corinthian Engrng P/L, Ste 54 Jones Bay Whf, 26-32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont 2009, AU