newbie: I cannot get admin password to work

Hi,

I am in a right pickle, I install slapd and answered the questions
correctly giving it a password.

I added a new entry which it complained about but still added!! Stupid
why add if it complains, either add or not!! sorry

Anyway want to delete entry jdw becuase I made the silly mistake of
assuming People would be ok, but no, it has to be people.

ldapsearch -x -b 'dc=shadshed,dc=com' '(objectclass=*)'
# extended LDIF
#
# LDAPv3
# base <dc=shadshed,dc=com> with scope sub
# filter: (objectclass=*)
# requesting: ALL
#

# shadshed.com
dn: dc=shadshed,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: dcObject
objectClass: organization
o: Shadow Robot Company
dc: shadshed

# admin, shadshed.com
dn: cn=admin,dc=shadshed,dc=com
objectClass: simpleSecurityObject
objectClass: organizationalRole
cn: admin

# jdw, People, shadshed.com
dn: uid=jdw,ou=People,dc=shadshed,dc=com
uid: jdw
cn: Delete Me
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
shadowLastChange: 13193
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 1010
gidNumber: 1010
homeDirectory: /home/jdw
gecos: worsdall,,,,,,

# search result
search: 2
result: 0 Success

# numResponses: 4
# numEntries: 3

So how do I delete it, I am using the password I supplied during
installation??

sudo ldapdelete -x -w tooC2thugh -D cn=admin,dc=shadshed,dc=com "cn=Mark
Worsdall,dc=shadshed,dc=com"

It returned:

ldap_bind: Invalid credentials (49)

And since I have posted the password how do I change the admin password?

Oh this is the entry I wish to add:

dn: uid=jdw,ou=people,dc=shadshed,dc=com
uid: jdw
cn: Delete Me
objectClass: account
objectClass: posixAccount
objectClass: top
objectClass: shadowAccount
userPassword: {crypt}$1$xvpUzOKX$6ZORWdD9QksB2X0sDmGHk/
shadowLastChange: 13193
shadowMax: 99999
shadowWarning: 7
loginShell: /bin/bash
uidNumber: 1010
gidNumber: 1010
homeDirectory: /home/jdw

Will do it with this?
 offline method:
sudo slapadd -v < ~/addjdw.ldif

 online method
sudo ldapadd -x -v -D cn=admin,dc=shadshed,dc=com -W < ~/addjdw.ldif

Can anyone help, I have never run into such a complicated package, pity
there is no ssh terminal menu driven package for adding and deleting and
listing entries.

Grateful for any help.
--
Mark Worsdall