replication problem 2.0 -> 2.2

hi

we have a situation where a 2.0.* openldap master server replicates to several slaves which have 2.0.* or 2.2.* openldap versions (all rpms from different RH releases). for reasons i do not know at the moment the master server carries some entries with multiple "objectClass: applicationProcess" lines. the replication for these entries to 2.0.* servers works, to 2.2.* servers it does not (the entry is there, but "objectClass: applicationProcess" is missing). the *rej files in /var/lib/ldap/replica tell me the following:

ERROR: Type or value exists
changetype: modify
replace: objectClass
objectClass: applicationProcess
objectClass: applicationProcess

is there a way to resolve this without EITHER downgrading the 2.2.* servers OR cleaning up the entries?

PS: we use "schemacheck off"

thanks for help

matthias