upgrade to 2.3.19 from 2.1.22

I finally managed to drum up some support for upgrading a few legacy
servers from openldap 2.1.22 to 2.3.x.  (yay)

My plan is to follow the general slapcat/slapadd procedure and attempt
to use one big HDB (or possibly three), review all of my ACL's (I
think there were some syntax changes from 2.1 to 2.2, according to the
faq)

Basically, I'm looking for tips/gotchas that I'm obviously leaving out.

I was also wondering if anyone had follow-up info relating to the BDB
shootout thread:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200601/msg00459.html

And, 2.3.19 supposedly fixed a kernel problem involving solaris, is
there an ITS I can read about this?

Thanks,
_Matt