hdb/accesslog and checkpoint

I have never used the hdb backend before, but the example I used to set up the accesslog overlay for delta-syncrepl used it, so I set it up. However, I added the checkpoint control in the database configuration of the slapd.conf file. I now see that I have 15 log files in the cn=accesslog database and db_archive -a tells me that there are none that can be removed.

Does the accesslog overlay deal with the log files automatically and clean them up (I don't have seven days worth of testing yet) or is this a problem with back_hdb not doing checkpoints (I remember that back_bdb had an ITS filed against it for checkpoints not working a year or so ago)

Senior IT Professional          | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,