Re: Question on updatedn

The rootdn's of the master and the slave are given the same name in my config. I was using a different dn other than the rootdn as the updatedn in the slave and I have setup the following access control on the slave to allow only the master's ip bind in to the node.

===============
access to dn.base="organizationalStatus=repNode,dc=com"
         by peername.ip=192.168.0.5 auth

access to dn.subtree="organizationalStatus=users,dc=com"
         by peername.ip=192.168.0.5 write
         by * read

updatedn "organizationalStatus=repNode,dc=com"
updateref ldap://192.168.0.5
=================

And in the master I have the following...

replogfile /var/openldap/master-replication.log
replica host=192.168.0.6:389
 binddn="organizationalStatus=repNode,dc=com"
 bindmethod=simple credentials=secret

When I tried to write any node below "organizationalStatus=users,dc=com", it did work for a while even though repNode is not the rootdn in the slave. Suddenly it doesn't work anymore and slurpd is saying it has invalid credentials. What slurpd is saying sounds correct since repNode is not the rootdn on the slave.

Now, how do I say that the dn "organizationalStatus=repNode,dc=com" should also allow simple authentication with passwd as secret? Or how do I get this to work?

Krish