Re: lapd.conf configuration and SASL

> I compiled OpenLDAP with Cyrus-sasl support.
> When I'm using ldapsearch with -x option, everything works fine.
>
> How to setup ldap.conf if I want to have the same effect as -x option. (By
> the way, I'm using this for testing, but I'ld like to do it)
>
> I can't find an option in the manual of ldap.conf to do it.

Because there isn't any.  If built with SASL support, by default OpenLDAP
client tools use SASL, and you have to explicitly tell them not to use it
by means of the -x switch.  If that's too annoying, you can either define
a shell alias, or rebuild them without SASL support.

p.

Ing. Pierangelo Masarati
Responsabile Open Solution
OpenLDAP Core Team