Re: acl sets don't appear to work

--On Saturday, January 21, 2006 4:52 PM -0500 Robert Kean <rkean@keanconsulting.com> wrote:

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Saturday, January 21, 2006 2:47 PM -0500 Robert Kean
<rkean@keanconsulting.com> wrote:

I'm running OpenLDAP 2.1.30 on a Gentoo linux system. I've been running

I discovered acl sets. But, I can't seem to get them working.

I believe ACL sets weren't introduced until OpenLDAP 2.2.  Of course,
OpenLDAP 2.1 and 2.2 are historic releases now, and 2.3.X is the
current release branch.  You are running a very old version of
OpenLDAP. ;)

--Quanah

Well, the FAQ-O-Matic specifically states:

" The following comments have been tested with openldap 2.1.25"

so, it should have worked.  None-the-less, I just finished upgrading to
2.2.28, and the exact same acl's work as documented.

Wow, out of curiosity, if you were going to upgrade, why would you go from one dead release to another? Why not go all the way to something supported and current?

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html