Re: which version to consider "stable?"

> 2.3.16 will likely be marked stable in the very near future.  I would use
> 2.3.13 or 2.3.16 over 2.3.11. (14 & 15 have a performance bug fixed in .16).

Welp, I didn't have much choice.  I had a make && make test sitting on the box
just in case there was a crash today (it wasn't dying very often under the
less-than-max load), but it only lasted about 4 hours, so I took my chances and
went `make install` after the crash.  Time will tell, I suppose, just how much
better 2.3.16 is than 2.3.11.  I am seeing some unfriendly cpu usage but I haven't
had time yet to track down where it's coming from; more on that later.

John

--
John Madden
UNIX Systems Engineer