Question about "Chain" openLdap directory

Hi,

I have two openldap Directories.

The tree structure of the two directories is very different :

The first one is like this : dc=directory1,dc=MyCompagny2
The second is like : o=directory2,o=MyCompagny2 .

I need to chain the two directories.

In the first step I have created a referral link. (I use ldap Browser
to watch me
directory). It's work fine if the tree structure is the same. (Same
Manager user name, in the same subtree)

In my case, the referral link don't work, because the user used to
connect to the first directory which containt the referral link is not
in the second. So referral link seam no to work.
So I want to use something like the chaining of directory (it's
possible with novel directory).

My question are:

1) can I solve my problem with chaining directory or is it possible
with refferal (if so how ?)
2) is it possible to simply chain two different (tree structure )
openLdap directory ?
3) if yes is some one can give me a link where I can found
documentations or examples ?

thx.