Re: newbie question for openldap tuning issue

On 12/28/05, Ramdas Phutane <ramdas.phutane@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
> 32617   Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
> 10      Requested pages not found in the cache
> 0       Pages created in the cache
> 10      Pages read into the cache
> 8       Pages written from the cache to the backing file
> Pool File: cn.bdb
> 4096    Page size
> 0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
> 75267   Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
> 27      Requested pages not found in the cache
> 0       Pages created in the cache
> 27      Pages read into the cache
> 7       Pages written from the cache to the backing file
> Pool File: id2entry.bdb
> 16384   Page size
> 0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
> 7701    Requested pages found in the cache (96%)
> 258     Requested pages not found in the cache
> 1       Pages created in the cache
> 258     Pages read into the cache
> 13      Pages written from the cache to the backing file
> Pool File: dn2id.bdb
> 4096    Page size
> 0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
> 321056  Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
> 95      Requested pages not found in the cache
> 1       Pages created in the cache
> 95      Pages read into the cache
> 19      Pages written from the cache to the backing file
> Pool File: objectClass.bdb
> 4096    Page size
> 0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
> 624425  Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
> 62      Requested pages not found in the cache
> 0       Pages created in the cache
> 62      Pages read into the cache
> 24      Pages written from the cache to the backing file
> Pool File: mail.bdb
> 4096    Page size
> 0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
> 105670  Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
> 25      Requested pages not found in the cache
> 0       Pages created in the cache
> 25      Pages read into the cache
> 7       Pages written from the cache to the backing file
> Pool File: mailAlternateAddress.bdb
> 4096    Page size
> 0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
> 92298   Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
> 36      Requested pages not found in the cache
> 0       Pages created in the cache
> 36      Pages read into the cache
> 89      Pages written from the cache to the backing file
> Pool File: uid.bdb
> 4096    Page size
> 0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
> 90495   Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
> 23      Requested pages not found in the cache
> 0       Pages created in the cache
> 23      Pages read into the cache
> 7       Pages written from the cache to the backing file
> I don't know from where to start debugging, so please help.
> If any more info has to be provided please let me known

Hi Group,

I forgot to add that when the ldap was not responding I had saved a
db_stat output, given below
------------------------
[...]
62MB 516KB 48B  Total cache size
1       Number of caches
62MB 520KB      Pool individual cache size
0       Maximum memory-mapped file size
0       Maximum open file descriptors
0       Maximum sequential buffer writes
0       Sleep after writing maximum sequential buffers
0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
49310   Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
354     Requested pages not found in the cache
0       Pages created in the cache
354     Pages read into the cache
0       Pages written from the cache to the backing file
0       Clean pages forced from the cache
0       Dirty pages forced from the cache
0       Dirty pages written by trickle-sync thread
354     Current total page count
354     Current clean page count
0       Current dirty page count
8191    Number of hash buckets used for page location
50017   Total number of times hash chains searched for a page
1       The longest hash chain searched for a page
49310   Total number of hash buckets examined for page location
0       The number of hash bucket locks that required waiting (0%)
0       The maximum number of times any hash bucket lock was waited for
0       The number of region locks that required waiting (0%)
378     The number of page allocations
0       The number of hash buckets examined during allocations
0       The maximum number of hash buckets examined for an allocation
0       The number of pages examined during allocations
0       The max number of pages examined for an allocation
Pool File: id2entry.bdb
16384   Page size
0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
532     Requested pages found in the cache (73%)
193     Requested pages not found in the cache
0       Pages created in the cache
193     Pages read into the cache
0       Pages written from the cache to the backing file
Pool File: dn2id.bdb
4096    Page size
0       Requested pages mapped into the process' address space
20691   Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
85      Requested pages not found in the cache
0       Pages created in the cache
85      Pages read into the cache
[...]
21269   Requested pages found in the cache (99%)
11      Requested pages not found in the cache
0       Pages created in the cache

Thanx again
Ramdas