OL 2.2 and syncrepl vs slurpd

Good day, folks;

It appears the handwriting is on the wall that slurpd is going to be dropped fairly soon (since it hasn't been updated since 2.0 and doesn't work with the config backend in 2.3).

I'm still working with OL 2.2 (on RedHat Enterprise Linux 3 and 4 -- locally built RPM's though) and seeing that Howard has posted that syncrepl should not be used with 2.2 back in the summer -- I'm wondering if that is still the prevailing thought or if syncrepl has been improved in the 2.2.30 release enough that I could convert to using syncrepl now and convert to OL 2.3 in the spring or summer (the next time the student body is gone for a length of time).

Thoughts/Suggestions requested...

Thanks,

Senior IT Professional          | Always remember: You are UNIQUE,