Re: slurpd quits running

> --On Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:23 PM -0600 Scott Mayo
> <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:
>
>> I had my main ldap server get turned off this morning without being
>> properly shutdown.  Now when it starts up, it looks like ldap starts
>> find, but does not seem to keep runnning.
>>
>> I can do a 'service ldap start' and it tells me that slapd and slurpd
>> both start 'OK', but then if I do a 'service ldap status' right
>> afterwards, it tells me that slapd is stopped, and slurpd is running.
>>
>> Any ideas of what I need to look at here?
>
> Neither of these commands are part of the OpenLDAP software distribution,
> so it is hard to say what the problem is.  I will note that slapd
> generally
> logs to syslog, so I'd check the syslog for errors, or see if the LDAP
> output was directed elsewhere, and check that log.
>
> Generally, I'd suspect that you need to recover your database with the
> appropriate db_recover before starting slapd, as you are likely using a
> release prior to the OpenLDAP 2.3 series.
>
> --Quanah
>
> --
> Quanah Gibson-Mount
> Principal Software Developer
> ITSS/Shared Services
> Stanford University
> GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html

There is nothing in the log file that I see wrong. It just says that the
services started correctly.  I did the following:

slapd -d 1

and my database is corrupt.  So I went to where the database is and did this:

db_recover

I get a list of errors:

db_recover:  dB_LOGC->get: LSN 11/6339336: invalid log record header
db_recover:  dB_LOGC->get: LSN 11/6339391: invalid log record header
db_recover:  dB_LOGC->get: LSN 11/6339336: invalid log record header
db_recover:  Recovery funciont for LSN 11 6339531 failed on forward pass
db_recover:  PANIC: No such file or directory
db_recover:  fatal region error detected; run recovery
.
.
.
.
db_recover:  fatal region error detected; run recovery
db_recover: DB_ENV->open: DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery

So, does this mean that my whole ldap database is messed up and I am out
of luck?
Thanks again.
Scott