Re: slurpd quits running

--On Thursday, December 22, 2005 3:23 PM -0600 Scott Mayo <sgmayo@mail.bloomfield.k12.mo.us> wrote:

I had my main ldap server get turned off this morning without being
properly shutdown.  Now when it starts up, it looks like ldap starts
find, but does not seem to keep runnning.

I can do a 'service ldap start' and it tells me that slapd and slurpd
both start 'OK', but then if I do a 'service ldap status' right
afterwards, it tells me that slapd is stopped, and slurpd is running.

Any ideas of what I need to look at here?

Neither of these commands are part of the OpenLDAP software distribution, so it is hard to say what the problem is. I will note that slapd generally logs to syslog, so I'd check the syslog for errors, or see if the LDAP output was directed elsewhere, and check that log.

Generally, I'd suspect that you need to recover your database with the appropriate db_recover before starting slapd, as you are likely using a release prior to the OpenLDAP 2.3 series.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer