Re: Openldap 2.3.11 cannot autorecover from abnormal shutdown.

--On Tuesday, December 20, 2005 8:18 PM +0800 Yingbo Qiu <qiuyingbo@gmail.com> wrote:

I modify the db-4.3.29/env/env_region.c , before return
DB_VERSION_MISMATCH, printing renv->majver and renv->minver. And their
result is all ZERO ---- renv->majver == 0 and renv->minver == 0

Now I can sure there isn't any different version BDB tool access it.

"Sleepycat recommends that you run normal recovery every time you
perform application startup."
(http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/gsg_txn/CXX/recovery.html)

I think slapd should follow the BDB's recommendation

Sorry, I think you are clueless. Hacking the BDB source is not the correct solution to your problem. Also, there are a lot of good reasons *not* to perform recovery every time you start slapd.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer