Re: Openldap 2.3.11 cannot autorecover from abnormal shutdown.

Sounds like you lost power before the disk drive actually wrote the environment pages to disk.
Again, read the BerkeleyDB documentation. http://www.sleepycat.com/docs/ref/program/cache.html

There's no magic - if your system loses power before the disks finish writing the data, the data is lost. If the power fails before the environment headers are written, then the environment is useless, and there is nothing to recover.

I believe this email thread has gone as far as it can. Don't be stupid: no amount of software can correct for catastrophic hardware failures - invest in an uninterruptible power supply.

Yingbo Qiu wrote:
Read the BerkeleyDB documentation. "db_stat -e" will print the
environment version along with other information.

But It just print ''' db_stat: Program version 4.3 doesn't match environment version db_stat: DB_ENV->open: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment version mismatch '''

 I have to modify the env/env_region.c, and get next output:
'''
db_stat: Program version 4.3 doesn't match environment version
db_stat: Environment version 0.0 doesn't match program version
db_stat: DB_ENV->open: DB_VERSION_MISMATCH: Database environment
version mismatch
'''

refer:
        /* Make sure the region matches our build. */
        if (renv->majver != DB_VERSION_MAJOR ||
            renv->minver != DB_VERSION_MINOR) {
                __db_err(dbenv,
        "Program version %d.%d doesn't match environment version",
                    DB_VERSION_MAJOR, DB_VERSION_MINOR);
+                __db_err(dbenv,
+        "Environment version %d.%d doesn't match program version",
+                    renv->majver, renv->minver);
                ret = DB_VERSION_MISMATCH;
                goto err;
        }

--