Replication issue

I'm trying to setup replication with slurpd.

I've created my own schema and it works well without replication.

I created the following nodes in the master...

======== Master nodes ========
dn: dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: enetRoot
dc: com

# master, com
dn: organizationalStatus=master,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: enetRoot
organizationalStatus: master
dc: com

# users, com
dn: organizationalStatus=users,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: enetRoot
organizationalStatus: users
dc: com
======== End Master nodes ========

I stopped the master.

Then I added the following lines to the master's slapd.conf.
===================================
replogfile /var/openldap/master-replication.log

replica uri=ldap://192.168.132.35:389
 bindmethod=simple credentials=secret
 binddn="organizationalStatus=users,dc=com"
======= End Master ===================

On the slave, I created the following nodes...

=========== Slave nodes ==============
dn: dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: enetRoot
dc: com

# slave, com
dn: organizationalStatus=slave,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: enetRoot
organizationalStatus: slave
dc: com

# users, com
dn: organizationalStatus=users,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: enetRoot
organizationalStatus: users
dc: com
=========== End Slave nodes ==============

Then I stopped the slave and added the following lines in the slave slapd.conf.

updatedn "organizationalStatus=users,dc=com"
updateref ldap://192.168.132.71:389

Then I restarted the master and it came up just fine.
Then when I tried restarting the slave, it complained about the updatedn line.
/usr/local/ldap/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 57: frontend database cannot be shadow.
slapd stopped.
connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks

Krish